More on Tennessee-LSU
Just e-mailed a friend the details...
So, last weekend, I went to the Tennessee-LSU game. Oh my gosh, it was so fun. I would absolutely go back there for a weekend. I also now get regular college life and I understand how it's possible for people to flunk out of school. When you have a whole day to focus on a football game, grades probably aren't that great...just a thought. It was so fun though. I especially enjoyed that their cheers, colors, etc aren't annoying (ie the Arkansas hog/pig obsession). The pre-game show was cool. It was like they had a checklist of all of the stereo-typical college game day stuff. The band was cool and made all kinds of cool shapes on the field. I strongly question if they all play instruments. They seemed a little quiet and their lines were very straight. There might be some ringers in there. There was also a band leader with a giant plume coming out of his hat and he leaned back so far that I worried he might fall on his head. At the end of the show, they create a giant open T that all of the players run through. It was very cool. And, the part that really cracked me up was that they had a dog mascot. I don't mean a costume some 19 yr old is stuffed into. I mean, there is an actual live dog. It totally cracked me up. During the game there were 4 mascot-like figures. 1. the live dog who runs the opposing team's end zone when UT scores a touchdown. 2. Davey Crockett. 3. Person in dog costume with jersey. 4. Person in dog costume in suit and hat. There were also 3 sets of cheerleaders to hit each corner. It was cool. Highly recommend it if you're ever looking for a trip. FYI...the VP I was travelling with was an LSU fan, so I rooted for anyone who did anything cool. Also, Tennessee girls have great hair. And, finally, my trip, the next day ended with me in a huntin' and fishin' store that, by the way, had Starbuck's. I actually ended up buying a sweater, but was very confused about how I ended up in a store like that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home