Land of Hello
So, everyone here says hello everytime you pass by one another. When I drive down the street neighbors that are outside all wave. I don't know these people. When my neighbor was putting in my mailbox for me, every car stopped to introduce themselves and offer help. Now, this is all fine and dandy (and a little bizarre), but it becomes a little irritating in the next example. I have started taking my walks down at the lake. Every time you pass someone you need to say hello. Now, the course is only 1.8 miles, so I tend to pass the same people 4 times when I'm there and each pass includes a hello. It's a bit much.

5 Comments:
As a fellow southerner I'll help you out with this one. While a hello is the proper response to a verbal greeting, you can simply smile and nod as well. Just a tip. :)
Lauren
I picked that up, but it's still annoying.
I bet things in the Midwest don't seem so bad now. They are even friendlier down south! Andrea
Why can't everyone just be bitchy like they are in the Northeast? :)
I'm sure it is worse down there but I have noticed that here back in my hometown in Ohio. I must have forgot that we do this because I was quite annoyed by it as well. I run around a lake here and at times I can barely breath as I run up a hill and don't want to be bothered with acknowledging some stranger. Can't we all just ignore one another?
Post a Comment
<< Home