Attention Brand Managers
Word up to my b-school peeps. I have some info for people working for companies that sell products to Wal-Mart. Last week I was speaking with an ABM who works for a CPG that sells product through Wal-Mart. He commented that it was annoying that Wal-Mart would not give out their data. I let him know, and thought I'd share with you all, that if you do have a product being sold through Wal-Mart, you can absolutely get data pertaining to your product. While Wal-Mart doesn't give their data to Nielsen, etc., vendors (both sales and brand teams) have free access to selling inforamtion about their product on our system, Retail Link. I had no idea that information would not necessarily get passed along from the local sales people to brand teams. Let me know if you have any questions, etc. If it is something your brand team doesn't already know about, it seems like a pretty cool thing to be able to bring to the table as an ABM. Happy number crunching!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home