Today's Excursion



I was driving along looking for the post office today when I saw signs for the Mildred B. Cooper Chapel. I had seen pictures of this place online and was looking forward to seeing it, so I took the detour. This place is amazing. There is a 2 minute walk from the parking lot to the chapel. The walkway looks out onto the woods. There are birds chirping. It's so calming. The chapel itself is wonderful. It seats 120 so it's pretty small. It's non-denominational and there are no services. It is just there for people to go and think and be with themselves. The chapel's walls are floor-to-ceiling windows. Again, it looks out onto the woods with the birds chirping. The chapel is really nicely ACd and has this really calming music playing. I felt like I was in a spa. I then went for a walk on the nature trail that goes around the chapel and discovered that the woods open up to one of Bella Vista's lakes. It was so beautiful. I can barely even believe that in a world that seems so populated and mass produced and crowded that such a place could really exist. As for the Kim being Kim part of the story...on the nature trail I jumped at every little noise and found myself screaming and running from a squirrel. It might be little, but so am I.

2 Comments:
wow.
beautiful architecture
Kimber, that chapel is goooorrgeous. I'd love to hang out there one afternoon. P.S. Stop being afraid of squirrels.
Post a Comment
<< Home